Important information COVID 19
This page serves as an information hub for VRC members and our community, and is updated as new information relevant to members, partners, industry participants and the wider public comes to hand. If you require specific information, please contact our Customer Service team by emailing email@example.com.
Current as at 29/09/2021
Statement from VRC CEO Steve Rosich: Update on Melbourne Cup Carnival planning
The Victoria Racing Club continues to work closely with the Victorian Government on our Melbourne Cup Carnival scenario planning, and today we advised our members that we have lodged plans with the Victorian Government for a crowd of up to 11,500 for some or all four days of the Melbourne Cup Carnival.
We look forward to sharing the details of these plans as soon as we secure feedback from the relevant authorities in October.
Flemington is proud to be running a COVIDSafe venue to ensure the safety and comfort of all our members, patrons and staff and we ask that you please comply with the following requirements.
If you have been in a COVID-19 impacted area, hotspot or exposure site in Victoria, interstate or New Zealand, or reasonably suspect that a close contact has done so, you must immediately self-isolate for 14 days from last exposure and call the Victorian Department of Health on 1300 651 160. You must not attend Flemington racecourse during this time.
- For regular updates on impacted areas, hotspots and exposure sites please visit www.dhhs.vic.gov.au/coronavirus.
- For other states please refer to the relevant State Government Department of Health website.
- You will need to acknowledge a health declaration on entry to the course. If you are feeling unwell on the day, we ask that you do not attend and call us to advise.
- You will need to scan a QR code on arrival at gate entry to register your details on the Victorian Government Service Vic App for contact tracing purposes.
- Social distancing must be maintained at all times.
- All food and beverage service is cashless.
- Patrons are required to wear a mask at all times when indoors unless eating or drinking, and are asked to wear it in situations outdoors where they cannot socially distance.
- If you are feeling unwell, we ask that you do not attend Flemington racecourse.
Yes. Although the racecourse remained open during previous lockdowns, the course will be closed during the current Victorian lockdown until further notice.
While there is no formal requirement for the racecourse to open, we value the role that the precinct plays to our local community, and the ability to have the grounds open to the public when it is safe to do so.
With the fast spreading nature of the COVID-19 Delta variant, we are following advice from health authorities to limit movement of people at the racecourse to protect the ongoing biosecurity of the Flemington Horse Training Facility. These restrictions are critically important to ensure the site can remain open as a workplace and operational to manage the welfare and training of over 600 horses currently stabled at the racecourse.
We understand this is a challenging time for our community and we thank you for your patience and understanding. We look forward to welcoming you back to Flemington when the current restrictions are lifted.