Important information COVID 19
"Dear Cup Week, I love you..."
Cup Week sparks joy and devotion in us all.
We fall head over heels each spring as one of our true loves draws near.
To celebrate the 2021 Melbourne Cup Carnival, 3AW’s Ross Stevenson is asking Cup Week fans to share their fondest carnival memories or stories via ‘Love Letter to Cup Week’.
We are putting the call out to people nationwide to write a Love Letter to Cup Week (300 words or less). We want to uncover the most interesting, funny and emotional Cup Week stories.
Was it your first ever time at the Lexus Melbourne Cup? Did you witness a champion win on Flemington’s famous straight? Did you get to meet a racing hero of yours? Is it the family traditions you have shared, coming together for The Race that stops a nation? Whatever it is we want to know!
To enter, follow these simple instructions and tips:
- Write a love letter to Cup Week telling us in 300 words or less your favourite Melbourne Cup Carnival memory.
- You must begin your love letter with “Dear Cup Week, I love you…”
- We highly encourage entries to be creative, and they do not have to follow the traditional written letter format. You may submit a short story, poem or even a song. Don’t be afraid to use drama, humour or emotion in your letter.
- Upload your love letter and complete the form here.
Entries can be submitted between 9:00 AM Wednesday 6 October - 3:00 PM Tuesday 26 October 2021.
Winner to be announced live during Ross & Russel’s breakfast show on 3AW on Thursday 28 October 2021.
This competition is open to Australian residents aged 18 years and over.
Each Wednesday, the top four Love Letters from the week will receive a $100 Myer voucher (12 vouchers in total to be won).
At the conclusion of the competition, the best Love Letter as determined by the judging team will win:
- A TCL TV package valued at $1,000
- A $500 Myer gift card