The Brightside Cocktail Recipe
Enhance you race day experience from home with this specially curated cocktail recipe from the team in the Bluegrass Bar in the Club Stand. This drink can be enjoyed both with or without alcohol.
- 45ml of Seedlip 108
- 60ml of Cloudy Apple Juice from the fridge
- Half a lemon
- Cinnamon Sugar Syrup
- 2 x Cinnamon sticks
- 2 tablespoons sugar of choice
- To make it alcoholic: Replace Seedlip with Spiced or Dark Rum
The night before:
Make the Cinnamon Sugar Syrup
- Add 100ml of water and two cinnamon sticks into a small pot and bring to a slow boil.
- As the temperature rises, add 2 tablespoons sugar of choice and gently simmer for 15 mins.
- Stir well.
- Let the mixture cool before filtering out the cinnamon sticks (do not throw out).
- Refrigerate in a small bottle or covered pot.
- Add the Seedlip, Cloudy Apple Juice, 45 ml Cinnamon Sugar Syrup (depending on your sweetness level) and the juice from half a lemon into a champagne or short glass over 1 or 2 cubes of ice.
- Stir well, add in a cinnamon stick and enjoy!