Owner Update – Melbourne Cup Carnival
Owner privileges for Penfolds Victoria Derby Day; Lexus Melbourne Cup Day; Kennedy Oaks Day; Paramount+ Mackinnon Stakes Day.
The Victoria Racing Club is delighted to welcome owners trackside, with four (4) owners per horse, as nominated by the managing owner and up to eight (8) owners per horse in all Group 1 races on Penfolds Victoria Derby Day and 10 owners per horse for the G1 Lexus Melbourne Cup, and all other subsequent Group 1 races throughout the Melbourne Cup Carnival.
Pre-registration is essential post Acceptance time, thus if the managing owner is unable to register, they must complete a transfer of ownership privileges form to enable another owner to manage the ticketing distribution for their horse.
*Form will be available post Acceptances
It is the responsibility of the Managing Owner to register before:
- *midday, Thursday 28 October for Penfolds Victoria Derby Day
- *midday, Sunday 31 October for Lexus Melbourne Cup Day
- *4:00pm, Tuesday 2 November for Kennedy Oaks Day
- *midday, Thursday 4 November for Paramount+ Mackinnon Stakes Day
The managing or assigned owner will be emailed a link to download their horse’s ticketing allocation and distribute accordingly.
Member Dress Regulations apply with this owner ticketing and should an owner not comply, this ticketing can be revoked on the race day.
Importantly, other requirements for all owners attending include the need to be double vaccinated and show proof of vaccination upon entry to Flemington, wear a mask indoors and outdoors, and be seated when eating and drinking. These measures will ensure the safety of all patrons under the Victorian Government Event Framework Plan.
Digital racebooks (available 2 days before race day):
- Penfolds Victoria Derby Day Digital Racebook
- Lexus Melbourne Cup Day Digital Racebook
- Kennedy Oaks Day Digital Racebook
- Paramount+ Digital Racebook
Gate opening times:
- Penfolds Victoria Derby Day: 10:20am
- Lexus Melbourne Cup Day: 8:45am
- Kennedy Oaks Day: 10:40am
- Paramount+ Stakes Day: 10:40am
Owner Entry Points:
- Members’ Main Entrance (left of Phar Lap statue)
- This is the best entry point for Owners to access the Owner Concierge
- Flemington Train Station (Platform 1)
- The Hill Gate (off Leonard Crescent)
Owner Hospitality Experience:
- A dedicated Owner Concierge check-in point will be provided in the Members Enclosure Betting Ring. This point will serve as an important information resource for any Owner queries throughout the raceday. Upon arrival Owners will be greeted and able to collect a complimentary race book and lanyard highlighting horse race number.
- The Parade Deck (East and West) will be activated as an exclusive Owner hospitality hub, enabling connections to view the horse stalls and pre-parade ring. Marquee shelter, tables and chairs, race vision, retail bars and grab and go food offering will be available.
- Owners can access the Club Stand Lobby along with ground retail venues including The Bakery and The Arbour for additional food offerings and the Lawn Bar; Courtyard Bar and The Paddock Bar. The Cloak Room in the Club Stand is also accessible to owners.
- Wagering services will be available in the Members Enclosure Betting Ring.
- Owners will be escorted to a dedicated Owner Lounge in the Bookies Bar and Forum pit to enjoy complimentary beverages including Mumm champagne and Treat Boxes (offering a selection of sandwiches, quiches and sweets)
- An exclusive Owner viewing area will be provided in Atrium Seating Deck with views over the Mounting Yard and racetrack.
- Winning Owners will be escorted by VRC staff to the MCC2021 Winners Bar located in The Committee Room where the Trophy Presentations and winning celebrations will be carried out.
- A streaming link will be provided to all Owners via eDM communication at Acceptance time so they can attend the Trophy Presentation virtually.
- Feature presentations on Penfolds Victoria Derby Day, Lexus Melbourne Cup, Kennedy Oaks Day and Paramount+ Mackinnon Stakes Day will be hosted adjacent to Mounting Yard in a fenced area that will form part of the Purple Zone.
Please Note, Due the COVID-19 Government Event Framework Plan the Mounting Yard and Horse Stalls will not be accessible to owners