Dave Barham is a multi-award winning sports media executive and board director, known for innovating to set industry standards, advanced negotiation skills and leading teams to deliver commercially and critically successful major events and large-scale projects.
His key strengths are leadership, innovation, stakeholder relations, project management and change management.
Over a career spanning 35 years in television, including time with Network 10 and the Seven Network, Dave’s experience and achievements in all areas of this media field have been extensive. The positions he has held are: Head of Cricket, Seven Network (2018), Executive Consultant, Head of BBL and the Australian Formula One Grand Prix for Network 10 (2015 – 2018), Head of Sport, Network 10 (2011 – 2015), Head of Production, Network 10 (2010 – 2011) and Managing Director and Owner, AFL Films (1991 – 2010).
His career highlights are as follows:
- Leading all aspects of cricket coverage following the Seven Network’s historic acquisition of media rights.
- Leading Network 10’s BBL coverage, which set new standards for sports broadcasts worldwide and won three Australian Sports Commission Awards and a Logie for Most Outstanding Sports Coverage.
- Personally brokering a deal with former chief executive of the Formula One Group Bernie Ecclestone to secure Network 10 and Foxtel broadcasting rights for the F1 Australian Grand Prix.
- Developing and executing the creative vision for the media coverage of numerous major sporting events including the BBL, the Sochi Winter Olympics, the 2010 Commonwealth Games in New Delhi, the 2014 Commonwealth Games in Glasgow, AFL Grand Finals from 2001-2011 and the F1 Australian Grand Prix.
- Head of Sport, Executive Producer or Producer of nine AFL Grand Finals between 2002 and 2011.
- Establishing the AFL Film and Videotape Library (now known as AFL Media), regarded as the most comprehensive sporting library for any single sport in the southern hemisphere.
Dave has been a consultant to the VRC and provided incredible guidance and support to the club for its transition to the new Melbourne Cup Carnival broadcast partner Network 10.
Dave has been a thoroughbred owner for nearly 20 years.